Welcome funky followers! Thanks for stopping by and following this blog (forgive me, I had to include some marketing in here)! As a wise man by the name of T.S. Elliot once said:
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.”
And taking his advice, I made a new and improved version of “The Writings of Madelyn”. I am pleased to introduce you to “Bibliophilia” my new creative writing outlet! Here you will find reviews of all sorts, spotlights on my own writing pieces, and my semi-crazy commentaries about life! To start out on a strong note, I’m including 5 facts/experiences that have happened to me in the past 10 months or so!
- This August I got to go to Switzerland! I know, super cool! I can honestly say that Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life #retirementhome
- I started my 10th grade year in high school! Yikes; one year closer to the IB. That being said I do get to start looking at some possible colleges this year which is pretty awesome!
- I’ve continued to mentor our Burmese refugee family that moved here last December. I have really developed great relationships with all 6 kids and couldn’t imagine not knowing them!
- I’m driving now! A very scary thought for many of my friends and family, though I’m really not that bad at it (although parking has proved difficult- how hard is it to park in between two white lines? Harder than you would think).
- And last but certainly not least! I have a position as a monthly columnist (of the review page) of Inspired Kids Magazine; a nonprofit organization that encourages kids to write and get involved in their communities! This magazine is written for and by kids all around the world (and is taking submissions right now!).
So there you have it ladies and gents, my life is pretty exciting at the moment. Not to be cliché, but it sure doesn’t seem like there are enough hours in the day to accomplish everything! Nevertheless, I am going to work hard in keeping this blog updated and fun!